unable to map cygSDL error

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Fri Jun 15 19:45:00 GMT 2018

On 6/14/2018 11:22 AM, Massi Alvioli wrote:
> dear Ken,
>
> I found your post on the web
>
> http://cygwin.1069669.n5.nabble.com/gimp-crashes-due-to-libSDL1-2-0-problem-td140811.html
>
> but did not find it in the cygwin users mailing list

It's there:

> , so I decided to
> write to your adress only.

It's better to keep the discussion on the mailing list, so that others
can benefit (and help) also.

> As you mention in your post, I ran into the same problem:
>
> https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2018-05/msg00207.html
>
> so I would like to know if you can help me solve the problem.

Until someone figures out the underlying cause of the "unable to map"
error for cygSDL*.dll, my only suggestion is to try to work around the
problem as I did for gimp: avoid using SDL.  In your case, I think SDL
is brought in via the package libwx_gtk3u3.0_0.  If you look at the
source for that package, you'll see that it uses the configure option
--with-sdl.  So you could try to rebuild it without that option.

Ken