Windows upgrade

Hans-Bernhard Bröker HBBroeker@t-online.de
Thu Jun 14 01:29:00 GMT 2018

Am 13.06.2018 um 01:30 schrieb Alejandro Benitez:

> It's somehow clear I thankfully won't need to upgrade to cygwin64 until later,

While you don't need to do it, you'll have to re-install Cygwin anyway,
and frankly, installing 32-bit Cygwin from scratch, on a 64-bit Windows
machine, just seems excessively nostalgic.

You're already removing so much cruft --- why let yourself be tied to
the past by sticking with 32-bit Cygwin?

> I mean it seems I'll be able to still use my 32 bit cygwin after I upgrade to 64 bit Windows 10,

Unlikely.  You'll have to do a complete re-install to fix up all the
file permissions and regsitry entries.