My delayed complaint about spam on this list

cyg Simple cygsimple@gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 12:26:00 GMT 2018

On 6/4/2018 5:54 PM, Duncan Roe wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 04, 2018 at 04:26:57PM -0400, Jeffrey Altman wrote:
>>
>> My mail servers regularly categorize cygwin at cygwin.com mail as spam.
>>
>> And then there is all of the mail that simply gets rejected because of
>> DMARC policies applied by the sender's domain.
>>

>> There are other alternatives.
>>
>> I'm a member of a few mailing lists that accept e-mails from non-list
>> members but only after the non-list member successfully accesses a URL
>> that is mailed to the sender's address.
>>
>> Would something like that be possible for the cygwin lists?
>>
>> Jeffrey Altman
>>
> I'm a member of a list in which posts from non-members are moderated. Would that
> be a possibility here? I realise it's an extra task for someone, but as it is we
> are all wasting our time discarding spam. And there's no need for moderation to
> be *prompt*

When there was someone to manage the list moderation non-members were
moderated.  The moderator left the project.  If you wish to volunteer
send email to overseers at sourceware.org.

--
cyg Simple