Issue running PowerShell code on Windows Machine from Linux machine using Cygwin

john doe johndoe65534@mail.com
Mon Jul 30 21:47:00 GMT 2018

On 7/30/2018 1:20 PM, Shekhar Shukla wrote:
>   Hi Team,
>
> I am having issue while establishing a ssh connection from Linux to Windows
> machine using Cygwin. My powershell script works when I run it from Linux
> using ssh connection(Cygwin) to Windows  and manually enter my passowrd.
> But whn I use public key to authenticate my user(making a password less
> connection), it fails. Is it a bug with CYgwin?
>
> Below is the step by step explantion-
>

> 1. Sample
> Code
> I have put on Windows machine. This machine has Cygwin installed on it
>
> +++++++++++++
> :
> +++++++++++
>
> echo "Hello World!"
> import-module ActiveDirectory
> get-adcomputer -Filter * |select Name|select -first 10
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++
>

> 2. When I run
> this code
>   from Linux machine using Cygwin WITHOUT enabling password-less connection,
> It asks for password
> of Windows machine and after entering the password it
>   execute
>   like a charm. See below-
>
> +++++++++++++++++++++++
>
> shekhar@LinuxBox:~$ ssh shekhar@WindowsBox.doamin.com 'powershell
> "C:/scripts/abc.ps1"'
> shekhar@WindoxBox.domain.com's password:
>
> Hello World!
>
> Name
> ----
> Server1
> Server2
> Server3
> Server4
>
> ++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
> 3. Now I generate an ssh-key on Linux for user shekhar and copy it on
> Windows machine to make a password less connection.
>
> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
> shekhar@LinuxBox:~$ ssh-copy-id shekhar@WindowsBox.doamin.com
> shekhar@WindowsBox's password:
> Now try logging into the machine, with "ssh 'shekhar@WindowsBox.domain.com'",
> and check in:
>
>    .ssh/authorized_keys
>
> to make sure we haven't added extra keys that you weren't expecting.
> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>

> 4. Now I run the same script again. Now it doesn't asks a password makes a
> connection with Windows box and display Hello world(first line of code) but
> fails on the second line
>
> +++++++++++++++
>
> shekhar@LinuxBox:~$ ssh shekhar@WindoxBox.domain.com  'powershell
> "C:/scripts/abc.ps1"'
> Hello World!
> WARNING: Error initializing default drive: 'Unable to contact the server.
> This
> may be because this server does not exist, it is currently down, or it does
> not
>   have the Active Directory Web Services running.'.
> Get-ADComputer : Unable to contact the server. This may be because this
> server
> [...]

In ~/.ssh/authorized_keys you could try those options:

NO-PTY,NO-USER-RC ssh

EG: authorized_keys:
NO-PTY,NO-USER-RC ssh ...

https://www.ssh.com/ssh/authorized_keys/openssh