got missing cyggc-1 file restored

Sun Jan 28 08:09:00 GMT 2018

On 2018-01-28 00:17, John Gotts wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 27, 2018 at 5:14 PM, U-BLASTER-6000\mtdew wrote:

>> I tracked down the missing file and installed it. Then make worked
>> fine. I wonder how it went missing...
> I had the same issue a week or two ago that was fixed by re-installing the
> libggc package.

Check if you have an AV, and it quarantined the file from a false positive id.
A lot of AVs are trying to preemptively block "suspicious" code, badly.
Garbage collectors by their nature look promiscuously all over memory everywhere
in the heap, outside where "normal" code would be expected to access.