rebase-4.4.3-1 regression: Too many DLLs for available address space

Thu Jan 11 16:06:00 GMT 2018

On Jan 11 13:32, Christian Franke wrote:
> After 4.4.3-1 upgrade, rebase always fails on 32- and 64-bit Cygwin:
>
> $ rebase -s -T /var/cache/rebase/rebase_all
> rebase: Too many DLLs for available address space: Cannot allocate memory

Uh, oh, a typo.  That should have been "if (end < 0)", not "if (end <= 0)".

Thanks for noticing.  I'll create an update soon.

> PS: rebase should possibly warn/fail if a 32bit DLL would need to be rebased
> < 0x38000000.
> Recent tests on Win10 1703 show that LoadLibrary() always loads such DLLs to
> other locations.

Warn or fail?  I tend to make this a fail.  There are just too many DLLs
on 32 bit and I guess this is the future anyway for most people.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat