[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: mintty 2.9.5

Thomas Wolff towo@towo.net
Mon Dec 10 04:58:00 GMT 2018

Am 10.12.2018 um 03:01 schrieb Andrey Repin:
> Greetings, Thomas Wolff!
>
>> Am 07.12.2018 um 22:41 schrieb Andrey Repin:
>>> Greetings, Thomas Wolff!

>>> Using native paths and environment variable syntax, you can always use
>>> ExpandEnvironmentString to get the %PATH% you need.
>>> Cygwin DLL will then convert it to own version, avoiding you mangling it
>>> yourself.
>>> And I would strongly discourage from using placeholders familiar for you, but
>>> unexpected by the end user and taken from entirely different area of knowledge.
>>>
>>> BTW, Cygwin itself does it differently. %Cygwin%\bin is converted to /usr/bin.
>> This setup should be handled in the Posix path domain.
> Give me a good reason why should you second-guess Cygwin's own functionality?
You have apparently set up some cmd scripts as mintty user commands, so
you're thinking in Windows terms here. However, the idea is more to use
cygwin tools for such purposes. In either case, the path is handled
within a cygwin session (mintty) and cygwin does the conversion both
ways, so it should be fine for you.
Thomas