Cygwin Dirmngr and TBB for windows

john doe johndoe65534@mail.com
Fri Aug 31 04:37:00 GMT 2018

> On Aug 30 14:35, Marco Atzeri wrote:

>>> As any one has been able to confirm that the issue is present in Cygwin
>>> code?
>>> I didn't see anything regarding this issue in the beta version of Cygwin
>>> or did I mist it?
>>

>> a Simple Test Case will help to verify the claim.
>
> Full ACK.
>
>> connect is not expected to return EPERM
>> http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/functions/connect.html
>
> Cygwin does not explicitely generate EPERM anywhere near
> AF_INET/AF_INET6 code.  Nor does a Winsock error exist which
> gets gonverted to EPERM.
>
> The *only* way to generate EPERM is if an underlying Winsock function
> returns an error code not handled by Cygwin.  I never encountered
> that case, though.  Thus, a STC is highly appreciated.
>

> Corinna

Thanks both for your answer and your willingness to look into this.

STC:
1)  Have Tor Browser for Windows up and running.
2)  Start dirmngr:
   $ mkdir ${HOME}/try
   $ dirmngr --homedir ${HOME}/try -vvv --debug-all --server --use-tor
   -> KS_GET -- 0x6C6ACD6417B3ACB1

Basically, dirmngr should be able to connect to TBB for Windows like it
does on linux and retreave the key.

Let me know if more informations are needed.
I  came to this list  because the issue seems to come from Cygwin,
according  to the discussion at the first URL in this e-mail.

--
John Doe