Package "task" not up to date (last update Feb. 2016)

haddingjaskati@mailbox.org haddingjaskati@mailbox.org
Sun Aug 26 15:28:00 GMT 2018

Hello People of Cygwin,

first up, sorry for not responding in the correct email thread (I'm not subscribed to the list). This mail is an response to the mail exchange that happened on the 08.08.18.
(1500969858.24121.1533722417234@office.mailbox.org> /// https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2018-08/msg00104.html).

I spoke to the people of task ("TaskWarrior") and they elucidated that Cygwin is no longer supported. They updated their website accordingly, advising users to use WSL instead (https://taskwarrior.org/download/).

I'm now using WSL for task (it's very clear that the windows integration of Cygwin is vastly superior). I don't know what you want to do. Maybe you want to note down somewhere that task will no longer receive any official updates.

Have a nice day
:)