[Bug] __wait_status_to_int() is expected to be a macro

Eric Blake eblake@redhat.com
Fri Aug 24 23:30:00 GMT 2018

>> Apologies for reviving an old thread, but I ran into the same problem today.
>> Is there any chance we could have a macro-only '__wait_status_to_int' in
>> Cygwin 2.11.0, please?
>
> Here's the glibc approach:
>
> https://sourceware.org/git/?p=glibc.git;a=commit;h=b49ab5f4503f36dcbf43f821f817da66b2931fe6
>
> So glibc/Linux doesn't provide `union wait' at all since 2016.
>
> I'm inclined to do the same.  Thoughts?

Makes sense to me. It's a non-portable type, and if glibc is no longer
providing union wait and no one is complaining about their stuff not
compiling there, then it's hard to argue what Cygwin apps need the type
to stick around.

--
Eric Blake, Principal Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc.           +1-919-301-3266