maybe partial sol: Re: problem with X11 auto-window placement: far away, and now under other windows

L A Walsh cygwin@tlinx.org
Thu Aug 23 08:13:00 GMT 2018

L A Walsh wrote:
> latest one:
> But now have a new degradation: the windows pop-under existing windows,
> and trigger the task bar sliding open from the left -- both obscuring
> and often preventing access to the wanted window!
----
  ***maybe***  have this one solved...my alert count on my desktop had
increased from 0 to 7(!)....tried putting it back at 0 and window
seems to come up on top...

A few settings seem to have strange values, so gonna have to go find
some old registry archives and see if I can see anything else that might
have changed as well...