Problem with installing Cygwin/X on Windows 10 PC: no icon created

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 16:31:00 GMT 2018

Am 02.08.2018 um 16:17 schrieb Zuowei Wang:
> Dear Marco,
>
> Thank you very much for the suggestions.
>
> Concerning your questions:
>
> 1. What system and AV do you have ?
>
> System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor (Intel(r) Core(tm) i7-6700CPU @3.40GHz)
> Operating system: Windows 10 Enterprise
> AV: Sophos Anti-Virus; Windows firewall

can you disable it or exclude the cygwin directory ?
I bet it is the AV as it is known to create problems:

https://cygwin.com/faq.html#faq.using.bloda

> 2. Can you follow https://cygwin.com/problems.html and provide as attachment the cygcheck.out ?
>
> The cygcheck.out file is 891KB in size, so when being attached as a plain-text attachment, the email was rejected. Would it be possible to send this output file to a different email address or in two separate files?

send it to my personal address,
together with maps.txt

   cat  /proc/self/maps > maps.txt

> There is no "/var/log/xwin/XWin.0.log" file in the related directory.
>
> 3. What is the output of rebase -si | grep cygiconv-2.dll
>
> $ rebase -si | grep cygiconv-2.dll
> /usr/bin/cygiconv-2.dll
>              base 0x0003e3ca0000 size 0x00105000

this looks fine but the BLODA is interfering with the
first process load:
Loaded to different address: parent(0x3FD990000) != child(0x3E3CA0000)

---