Incorrect /proc/cpuinfo for AMD A6-9220

Jeffrey Walton noloader@gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 00:37:00 GMT 2018

On Fri, Apr 13, 2018 at 7:51 AM, Corinna Vinschen
<corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:
> On Apr 12 23:01, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
>> Hi Everyone,
>>
>> I'm working on an AMD A6-9220 and seeing unusual results from
>> /proc/cpuinfo. I think this may be an issue with the latest Cygwin. It
>> may be present in earlier versions, too.
>>
>> Russinovich's coreinfo is shown below
>> (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/coreinfo).
>> Notice /proc/cpuinfo is missing aesni, pclmul, rdrand, SSE4.1, SSE4.2,
>> AVX, etc.
>
> Note that, in theory, cpuinfo has to be extended for each new CPU
> generation.  That's a lot of work for marginal gain (Cygwin's not a real
> kernel) so I'm doing this only very seldomly.
>
> Patches welcome, of course!

Thanks Corinna. I think I found the file of interest at fhandler_proc.cc.

Whitespace is a bit off. It is a mix of tabs and space:

      if (features1 & (1 << 0))
    print (" fpu");
      if (features1 & (1 << 1))
    print (" vme");

Should I perform a whitespace check-in before things begin? Or can you
knock it out?

Jeff