gnuplot dollar sign and command line arguments

Achim Gratz Stromeko@nexgo.de
Mon Apr 9 17:50:00 GMT 2018

George Prekas via cygwin writes:
> More specifically the flag --enable-backwards-compatibility enables
> the backward compatible expansion of dollar sign expressions to
> command line arguments in gnuplot source files. Is there any specific
> reason that Cygwin chooses to enable this flag?

To be backwards compatible to existing gnuplot scripts, perhaps?  This
flag was in fact set by the previous maintainer and I've not heard any
good reason why I should change it.

Regards,
Achim.

Samples for the Waldorf Blofeld: