git can not access remote repository anymore after cygwin+git update

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 12:28:00 GMT 2017

On 19/10/2017 13:38, Ronald Fischer wrote:
> I'm using 64 Bit Cygwin on Windows 7. After upgrading Git to version
> 2.14.2 (I think I had 2.13 or 2.12 before), git can not access our
> repository anymore. Commands such as "git pull" or "git push" result
> into the error

> Please make sure you have the correct access rights
> and the repository exists.
>

> Since I can't go back to the previous version (I didn't find any Git
> mirror which has 2.12 or 2.13), I have now intalled Git for Windows
> (https://git-scm.com/) along Cygwin git, also in Version 2.14.2. With
> this, I don't have any problems (I have installed it in a separate
> directory, which is not in my PATH, and I'm using git-scm for operations
> which access our remote repository, and Cygwin git for everything else).
>
> This works fine so far, but I still wonder what has changed in git so
> that this is broken. Of course it could also be that the permission
> error is not related to the new git version, but to some changes in the
> Cygwin core libraries, because they had also been updated.
>
> Note that there is no "real" access problem from the Windows side,
> because if it were so, Git for Windows would also report an error.
>
> Any idea what's wrong here?
>
> Ronald

it seems your cygwin package was not update correctly:

cygwin                     2.9.0-3                      OK

but

  3238k 2017/04/01 C:\cygwin64\bin\cygwin1.dll - os=4.0 img=0.0 sys=5.2
                   "cygwin1.dll" v0.0 ts=2017-04-01 20:47
Cygwin DLL version info:
         DLL version: 2.8.0

May be is not the root cause but you should reinstall the package
with no running process. Including services