Various questions about 10.1.26-MariaDB on CYGWIN_NT-10.0 2.9.0(0.318/5/3) 2017-09-12 10:18 x86_64 Cygwin

Keith Christian keith1christian@gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 20:52:00 GMT 2017

On Mon, Nov 6, 2017 at 12:33 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz@cygwin.com> wrote:
> On 2017-11-06 00:44, Wayne Davison wrote:
>> On Sun, Nov 5, 2017 at 4:30 PM, Keith Christian wrote:
>>> How can I get GNU readline back as the editor for the mysql client?
>>
>> That is a compile-time option, so unless we can convince the mariadb
>> maintainer to switch back to readline, we have to compile our own
>> mysql client from the mariadb source.
>
> Note that Fedora's mariadb uses the system libedit as well.  Could you
> be more specific as to what you think is missing, particularly in
> comparison to Fedora?
>
> Corinna, maybe it would also help if libedit were updated (the current
> upstream release is 20170329)?
>
> --
> Yaakov

Yaakov,

Thanks, first time I've encountered "EditLine" in an application.  Not
familiar with it and couldn't find any tutorial info nor man pages so
that I could perform simple searches as with Readline.

If I can find a quick EditLine tutorial, EditLine will be easier to learn.

Keith