found the problem

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Sun Nov 5 22:12:00 GMT 2017

On 11/5/2017 12:55 PM, U-BLASTER-6000\mtdew wrote:

> Hi-
>
> I am just noticing that this is the situation that is resulting by
> uninstalling emacs-w32 to find the problem.
>
> Here is the path that makes sense to cygwin but not windows:
>
> I doctored the path so you could see the problem in the url:
>
> file:///cygdrive/c/cygwin64/tmp/mu4e-4212p70.html
>
> I need cygwin to look there:
>
> The actual path that comes up in the browser is this and windows doesn't
> recognize this:
>
> file:///tmp/mu4e-4212p70.html

I don't know anything about mu4e.  But the browse-url function in
Cygwin's emacs (whether emacs-w32 or another flavor) handles URLs of the
form file:///path/to/something.html without a problem.  It does this by
using Cygwin's cygstart utility.  See the definition of
browse-url-default-windows-browser in browse-url.el.  Maybe mu4e could
do something similar.

Ken