No way to use ssh ~/.ssh/config with "noacl" option

Matt D. codespunk@gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 17:15:00 GMT 2017

On 11/4/2017 11:43 AM, Achim Gratz wrote:
> That's the correct thing to do, even though you made this unnecessarily
> hard for yourself by mounting your home directory with "noacl".

It's not perfect but I've always had trouble with all of the
modifications Cygwin makes to a file's permissions to support
POSIX-style ACLs. I do miss being able to manage them with chmod and
setfacl though.

For those wishing to set their ssh config to 600 (as recognized by
Cygwin's ssh), use the following:

Reset file permissions:
   icacls config /t /q /c /reset

Inheritence must be disabled to alter other groups:
   icacls config /inheritance:d

Effectively regarded as "group":
   icacls config /remove:g "Authenticated Users"
   icacls config /remove:g "Users"

Regarded as "other":
   icacls config /remove:g "Everyone"

Add the current user as the owner: