Setup's local package directory on network share

Aaron Digulla digulla@hepe.com
Thu Nov 2 13:52:00 GMT 2017

Hello,

I would like to share the local package cache with other people.

When browse folders in the respective page in setup.exe, no network shares are visible.

When I manually enter the path (using a mapped drive), I get a dialog: "Directory S:\cygwin\Downloads does not exist, would you like me to create it?" which is wrong since the folder exists.

When I click "yes", I get an error "Couldn't create directory. Is drive full or read-only?"

I can create a folder (and delete it) from Explorer, so it's not a Windows permission problem.

What is the problem here? I searched the documentation and it mentions a couple of problems with network shares and Windows authentication but that when Cygwin is already running.

Regards,

http://blog.pdark.de/