Can I change the windows icon from command line?

Thomas Wolff towo@towo.net
Wed Nov 1 20:59:00 GMT 2017

Am 01.11.2017 um 07:08 schrieb Brian Inglis:
> On 2017-10-31 20:41, P RC wrote:
>> Is it possible to change the current Cygwin window's icon from command line?
>> I used to ssh to multiple servers from cygwin tabs within ConEmu.
>> Changing icon will be greatly helpful to make sure which machine I am on at
>> the first glance at the tabs.
> As far as I know, you can only specify an icon before startup in a Windows
> shortcut, or on a mintty command line.
> A window icon may be changeable after a window is created some Windows utility
> which provides that specific function.
I usually indicate remote login by changing background colour.
However, changing also the icon on-the-fly for this purpose is an
interesting use case.
I'm considering whether to add such a feature. Note, however, that it's
not likely to work if mintty is embedded in ConEmu.
Also, there is a design issue to solve: As absolute pathnames may not be
too useful when addressed remotely, maybe another resource class should
be added (in addition to themes, sounds, lang/localization). What do
others think?
Thomas