Installing sshd on W7 reveals errors in CSIH_SCRIPT

Houder houder@xs4all.nl
Sat May 27 11:35:00 GMT 2017

On 2017-05-26 21:35, Houder wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Installing sshd on W7 reveals errors in CSIH_SCRIPT ...
>
> CSIH_SCRIPT = /usr/share/csih/cygwin-service-installation-helper.sh
>
> Just now I installed the sshd daemon on my W7 (64-bits Cygwin); I am
> still
> using /etc/{passwd,group} as the "database" (i.e. NOT Windows SAM).
>
> Invocation of /usr/bin/ssh-host-config (in an elevated shell)
> genenerated
> the following TWO warnings:

The error in csih_create_privileged_user() appears to have been
corrected
already om March 11 2016 (Achim Gratz) ...

commit: 128ed704ed13cda2f3b2e336dba4aeb27a70bdd6

https://cygwin.com/git/?p=cygwin-apps/csih.git;a=commit;f=cygwin-service-installation-helper.sh;h=128ed704ed13cda2f3b2e336dba4aeb27a70bdd6

HOWEVER the whole statement (mkpasswd -l ...)must be moved UPWARDS in
the function, as I described in my first post.

The error was originally reported by Nick Batlle in

Regards,

Henri