Cannot find cygz.dll

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Fri Mar 31 22:19:00 GMT 2017

Please keep the discussion on the mailing list.

On 3/31/2017 4:15 PM, david wrote:
> At 01:04 PM 3/31/2017, you wrote:
>> On 3/31/2017 3:35 PM, david wrote:
>>> Folks
>>>
>>> After many years of very successful CYGWIN installations, I find the
>>> current one fails when I try the "wget" utility, claiming that cygz.dll
>>> cannot be found.
>>
>> Something must have gone wrong with your installation.  cygz.dll is
>> provided by the zlib0 package, which is required by wget.  Try
>> reinstalling zlib0.
>>
>> Ken
>

> I'm not sure how to go about "reinstalling" zlib0.  Is this an option in
> setup?

Yes.  Locate zlib0 in the package listing, and click on the spinner in
the "New" column until it says "reinstall".

> or do I have to restart the whole 12-hour install?

An install shouldn't take 12 hours, unless you tried to install
everything and you have a slow network connection.  If you still have
/var/log/setup.log.full from that install, I suggest you take a look at
it and see if you can tell why the install took so long.

If you aren't able to resolve the issue and have to write again, please
attach cygcheck output as explained here:

   https://cygwin.com/problems.html#cygcheck

Ken