problem with nc 1.107-4

Michael Enright mike@kmcardiff.com
Thu Mar 30 06:28:00 GMT 2017

On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 7:24 PM, 高锋  wrote:
> I just installed the latest nc 1.107-4 on windows 7 platform.When lauched
> the command like:
> nc -vuz 10.31.28.188 6110
> ,each time it reported connecting successed,even if the target ip
> 10.31.28.188 does not really exists.
> Could someone tell what wrong with me?

It's possible that you are accustomed to using, or using a script
written for, the 'nc' command that was included in the 'netcat'
package, which was superceded in Cygwin some years ago. This could
have happened if you were using Cygwin 1.7 (I think) and then upgraded
to a brand new version of Cygwin. It is common, in my experience, that
someone would have installed an old version of Cygwin, used it for
years, and then upgraded to a new version.

Message from Vinschen about this change:
https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2012-05/msg00015.html