[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: dash-0.5.9.1-1
Thu Mar 2 00:22:00 GMT 2017
On Wed, 1 Mar 2017 09:42:27, cyg Simple wrote:
> Oh but it is. We're discussing the bike shed named /bin/sh.
> One of the color names is bash the other is dash; it's still the same
> bike shed.
I see, when you realize your argument does not hold water, you resort to name
calling. Here are concrete arguments:
1. Debian uses Dash as /bin/sh
2. Ubuntu uses Dash as /bin/sh
3. The POSIX standard defines sh, and by definition Dash is closer to this than
4. Dash is 3-5 times faster than Bash
5. While it might be upsetting to some users, _they_ have made an error in
assuming Bash is /bin/sh, it would not be our error in switching to a shell
that is closer to POSIX sh
Now, perhaps you can add a constructive post, or do you want to start with some
"yo momma" jokes?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
More information about the Cygwin