[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: dash-0.5.9.1-1

Steven Penny svnpenn@gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 00:22:00 GMT 2017

On Wed, 1 Mar 2017 09:42:27, cyg Simple wrote:
> Oh but it is.  We're discussing the bike shed named /bin/sh.
> One of the color names is bash the other is dash; it's still the same
> bike shed.

I see, when you realize your argument does not hold water, you resort to name
calling. Here are concrete arguments:

1. Debian uses Dash as /bin/sh
2. Ubuntu uses Dash as /bin/sh
3. The POSIX standard defines sh, and by definition Dash is closer to this than
   Bash
4. Dash is 3-5 times faster than Bash
5. While it might be upsetting to some users, _they_ have made an error in
   assuming Bash is /bin/sh, it would not be our error in switching to a shell
   that is closer to POSIX sh

Now, perhaps you can add a constructive post, or do you want to start with some
"yo momma" jokes?