clean uninstall

mike mikereape@onetel.com
Fri Jul 28 18:43:00 GMT 2017

Hello

I have deleted all but var and dev from my C:\cygwin folder (which was
quite painful and time-consuming BTW) and then moved the cygwin folder
to my Documents folder and then deleted a Cygwin desktop icon and two
Cygwin folders from my Start > All Programs menu.  Is that sufficient to
give me a clean uninstall so that I can do a brand new Cygwin install
without problems?  I did it that way because I couldn't figure out any
other way of uninstalling Cygwin.

The reason that I want to do a clean re-install is because as per advice
from the list I now want to do a selective install rather than
installing whole Categories as I have before.

Thanks very much in advance for any help.  I would appreciate replies
from multiple people to make sure that the advice I'm getting is
generally agreed upon.

Mike

--
I *AM* a unique and special snowflake