how to access and display apps that I've launched

mike mikereape@onetel.com
Sun Jul 23 14:25:00 GMT 2017

Hi

I updated my Cywin installation on the 21st or 22nd of July 2017.  I run
32-bit Cygwin/X on 64-bit Win 7 Pro.  If I launch the Cygwin Xwin Server
I get the icon at the very top middle of the screen and can then go into
the icons menu and right click on the Cygwin icon and get a list of
categories of applications to run and apparently launch because if I try
to launch some and wait long enough and right click on the
aforementioned icon and select quit it says there are N apps running and
do I want to close them.  The problem is that anything I launch through
the icons menu doesn't display anywhere and in particular doesn't appear
in the task bar.  I have read the FAQ and UG but can't find what I'm
looking for.  It definitely seems to me that the behaviour has changed
since before I updated.

Can somebody please tell me what I am doing wrong?  I would be very
grateful for any help.  Thanks in advance.

Mike

--
I *AM* a unique and special snowflake