[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: lapack-3.7.0-1

Ian Lambert via cygwin cygwin@cygwin.com
Thu Jan 12 16:31:00 GMT 2017

On Thu, 1/12/17, Marco Atzeri  wrote:

 Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: lapack-3.7.0-1
 To: "Ian Lambert" , cygwin@cygwin.com
 Date: Thursday, January 12, 2017, 6:58 AM

 On 11/01/2017 21:29, Ian
 Lambert wrote:
 > On January 11, 2017
 3:41:42 AM EST, Marco Atzeri  wrote:
 >> To: cygwin-announce@cygwin.com
 >> Subject: Updated: lapack-3.7.0-1
 >>
 >> New
 versions  lapack-3.7.0-1 of

 >> lapack (source)
 >> liblapack0

 liblapack-devel
 >> liblapack-doc
 >>
 >> are available
 in the Cygwin distribution, 32 and 64 bit :

 > Is anyone else having problems with
 ...-Doc hanging with a pop-up, "unable to extract
 /use/share/man/man3/zhbev.3.gz. The file is in use or some
 other error occurred. Please stop all cygwin processes and
 select retry or select continue to go on anyway (the file
 will be updated after a reboot)."

 ?

 > Then when I hit
 continue, setup hangs there until hitting cancel. I've
 tried a few times, uninstall and reinstall.

 The files uploaded seem fine.
 Can you check the one you downloaded with

 tar -tf
 liblapack-doc-3.7.0-1.tar.xz

 If damaged, remove it and try to download it
 again

= = = = =
I've removed it and downloaded again already.
Everything seems fine, but the above behavior repeats, for me.
Below is some more info'.

$ tar -tf liblapack-doc-3.7.0-1.tar.xz | grep -i zhbev.3
usr/share/man/man3/LAPACKE_zhbev.3.gz
usr/share/man/man3/LAPACK_zhbev.3.gz
usr/share/man/man3/zhbev.3.gz

$ tar -xvJf liblapack-doc-3.7.0-1.tar.xz usr/share/man/man3/zhbev.3.gz
usr/share/man/man3/zhbev.3.gz

[install dir...]/x86_64/release/lapack/liblapack-doc/usr/share/man/man3
$ ls -ls
... 59 Jan 10 17:14 zhbev.3.gz

/usr/share/man/man3
$ ls -ls zhbev.3.gz
ls: cannot access 'zhbev.3.gz': No such file or directory

$ ls -ls *zhbev.3*
... 57 Jan 10 16:59 LAPACKE_zhbev.3.gz
... 56 Jan 10 17:02 LAPACK_zhbev.3.gz