windres broken

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Sat Jan 7 22:14:00 GMT 2017

On 1/7/2017 1:54 PM, Steven Penny wrote:
> On Sat, 7 Jan 2017 08:47:35, Ken Brown wrote:
>> That syntax works for me.  Are you sure you're using Cygwin's windres?
>
> I figured it out. If POSIXLY_CORRECT is set in the environment, it causes the
> problem I was having. This should probably be documented somewhere.

 From http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man3/opterr.3.html:

By default, getopt() permutes the contents of argv as it scans, so that
eventually all the nonoptions are at the end.  Two other modes are also
implemented.  If the first character of optstring is '+' or the
environment variable POSIXLY_CORRECT is set, then option processing
stops as soon as a nonoption argument is encountered.

Ken