cygpath -w converts relative paths to absolute windows paths

Roger Qiu roger.qiu@polycademy.com
Thu Feb 9 01:17:00 GMT 2017

Hi Andrey,

That was probably true in the past, but no longer!

I just tested this: `mklink /D testlink "..\All Users"` in cmd and then
I went to Cygwin ZSH, and ran `ll`.

This showed me: `testlink -> '../All Users'/`.

Up one directory relative links do work on Windows! This is a directory
symbolic link, which is superior to directory junctions.

Regardless of directory junction support (which I didn't test), I think
`cygpath` should give the right results, when I don't specify an
absolute path, I really mean give me the windows version of the relative
path.

Now maybe there's some backwards compatibility issues, then perhaps a
flag that can be set to mean `--really-relative`.

Thanks,

Roger

--
Founder of Polycademy