Segmentation Faults

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 17:31:00 GMT 2017

On 08/02/2017 18:13, Ian Lambert via cygwin wrote:
> FWIW, since doing the updates late last month, many programs are seg faulting for me, including XWin, wget, curl, ssh, procps, top, gawk...
>
> mintty, bash, vi, cd, and ls still work, so all is not lost, but I'm certainly not able to use cygwin as much as before,
> and recovery is more difficult because of previously reported proxy issues with setup.
> procps and top worked after reverting to old versions for "required" packages,
> but I haven't been able to get wget to work, and apt-cyg is dead without gawk or wget. :(
>
> This is 64 bit on Windos 7 "professional."
>

> Below is excerpt from the end of a strace of wget http://www.yahoo.com/
>
> Is "windows error 2" easy to fix? :)

Any bloda running around ?

I will bet on some other program interfering on cygwin
program execution or dll loading.

As example, recently strace is segfaulting on my W7 64 bit,
and I am almost sure Symantec is the guilty guy.

Check also if all the DLL needed by wget, curl, ssh, procps, top, gawk
are still there. I saw case where the Antivirus removed the dll's
without big notice.

Regards
Marco