[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: mintty 2.7.4

Achim Gratz Stromeko@nexgo.de
Sun Feb 5 18:55:00 GMT 2017

Thomas Wolff writes:
> Is this within tmux or after leaving tmux (see comment below)? It
> would be help to cross-test this; if it's mintty, which version would
> show the behaviour first? What happens in xterm?

Within tmux or more often screen within tmux.  I'll have to try what
happens in plain mintty.

> This might be related to some issue with terminal geometry as
> perceived by the shell (see
> https://github.com/mintty/mintty/issues/377#issuecomment-137728631). Have
> you checked that? Recently changed your prompt? Try with basic prompt
> (PS1="\w> ") please.

No, I don't think it's related to that issue and I haven't changed my
prompt in years.  It's specifically happening only on the last line in
the terminal window with the first character that should wrap onto the
next line and not anywhere else and only when scrolling the window
happens.  If the shell has lost the correct terminal geometry, then it's
wrong on all lines of the terminal, not just the last in my experience.

Regards,
Achim.

Samples for the Waldorf Blofeld: