[ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.7.0-0.1

Fri Feb 3 08:39:00 GMT 2017

On Feb  2 17:50, Steven Penny wrote:
> On Thu, 02 Feb 2017 17:37:35, Steven Penny wrote:
> > Ok, I found that if I install cygwin-2.7.0 and libreadline7-7.0.1-2 then this
> > works as exepcted. I didnt realize libreadline7-7.0.1-2 was still in test
> > status. However I thought that the Cygwin DLL update meant that the readline
> > hack was not necessary? Please advise.
>
> Correction again, this nightmare keeps getting worse. Using this test:
>

> Pasting fails for every recent combination. The only fix I found was falling
> back to bash-4.3.48 and libreadline7-6.3.8. Please fix this, starting to make my
> head hurt.

Cygwin 2.7.0:

Works in tcsh and dash, even with chcp 65001.  Does not work with
bash for some reason in cp 65001.

Why are you switching to cp 65001, btw?  It's completely unnecessary
for utf-8 to work in the Windows console.  Just stick to the default.

Corinna

Red Hat