Perl library request - local::lib

Achim Gratz Stromeko@nexgo.de
Wed Feb 1 18:46:00 GMT 2017

Brian Mathis writes:
> Please add the local::lib library to the available perl packages.

It was a deliberate decision to not include it.  Just throwing out a
request like that won't convince me otherwise, but I may change my mind
if you have any arguments with substance.

> This allows bootstrapping many other packages directly from cpan into
> a local directory without polluting the main Cygwin files.

This is still more error prone than one would like and I expect anyone
capable of getting all the little things right to not have a problem
with bootstrapping local::lib themselves (I'd do it via cpanm, but there
are other ways of course).  Also, just by installing CPAN you aren't
polluting main Cygwin files: the modules distributed with Cygwin install
under perl_vendor, the modules installed by cpan will end up in
perl_site.

Regards,
Achim.