Avoid sending SIGINT to native child process?

Thomas Wolff towo@towo.net
Sun Apr 30 17:30:00 GMT 2017

Am 29.04.2017 um 04:33 schrieb David Rothenberger:
> Is there any way to prevent a SIGINT signal from propagating to a
> background child Windows process?
>
> I'm trying to write a script to start a Java application server. I
> want the script to trap Ctrl-C and send the app server a command to
> shutdown cleanly, but it appears the Ctrl-C is immediately propagated
> to the Java process, even though the script traps it.
Signal handling interoperability is lacking more generally.
Even SIGTSTP is propagated in such a way that the Windows application is
terminated.
(Try running notepad from bash, then type Ctrl-Z.)
Thomas