Avoid sending SIGINT to native child process?

David Rothenberger daveroth@acm.org
Sun Apr 30 13:12:00 GMT 2017

Is there any way to prevent a SIGINT signal from propagating to a
background child Windows process?

I'm trying to write a script to start a Java application server. I want
the script to trap Ctrl-C and send the app server a command to shutdown
cleanly, but it appears the Ctrl-C is immediately propagated to the Java
process, even though the script traps it.

Academy:
         A modern school where football is taught.
Institute:
         An archaic school where football is not taught.