Installing sshd with option --type manual

Charles Russell worwor@bellsouth.net
Sat Apr 29 02:35:00 GMT 2017

Starting from a default installation of sshd that was working properly,
I tried uninstalling sshd with cygrunsrv and reinstalling with --type
manual.

(cygrunsrv --install sshd --path /usr/sbin/sshd.exe --type manual)

After rebooting I cannot start sshd with cygrunsrv.  Instead, I get
message "Error starting a service: Query service status: Win32 Error 1062"

Is it practical to use "--type manual" with sshd, or are its security
restrictions too tight for this kind of installation? My intent was to
have sshd off by default, but available when I need it, with current
status easily seen with ps.

Is there an easy fixup for my broken sshd, or should I rerun
ssh-host-config?