cygwin-doc html/ missing docbook.css and index dups cygwin-{api,ug-net}

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Thu Apr 20 15:55:00 GMT 2017

On 19/04/2017 16:42, Brian Inglis wrote:
> On 2017-04-19 04:58, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> On Apr 16 12:22, Brian Inglis wrote:
>
>>> Could you please consider having setup-x86{,_64} install Windows
>>> shortcuts to at least the UG .pdf and index.html if present, in
>>> the .../Start Menu/Programs/Cygwin folder?
>>> A Windows URL shortcut to https://cygwin.com would also be helpful
>>> for some.
>> That requires to change setup or to provide a postinstall script.
>> Are you willing to provide the latter?
>
> I am not aware of any arguments passed to postinstall scripts, so a
> /etc/postinstall/cygwin-doc.sh would have to check for the folders
> "$(cygpath -APU)"/Cygwin or "$(cygpath -PU)"/Cygwin, cd there,
> mkshortcut(s), then cd back, as mkshortcut does not support folders,
> as far as I can tell.
> The postinstall script would also have to run elevated as admin to
> make shortcuts in AllUsers/ProgramData, from what I have found.
> An /etc/preremove/cygwin-doc.sh script would also have to be
> provided to remove those shortcuts.
> Any problems with that approach or improvements you could suggest?

This needs documenting, but when running postinstall scripts, Cygwin
setup sets the CYGWINFORALL env var to "-A" if installing for "All
Users" [1], for exactly this purpose.

[1]
https://sourceware.org/git/gitweb.cgi?p=cygwin-setup.git;a=commitdiff;h=c3d07c1372904c915b5895808f2cc6462975901e