Re: Flex 2.6.3-1: error: ‘INITIAL’ undeclared here (not in a function)

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Sun Apr 16 10:06:00 GMT 2017

On 16/04/2017 08:20, ram rao via cygwin wrote:
> I get this error:
>

> vlex.l:37:25: error: ‘INITIAL’ undeclared here (not in a function)
>
> static int CurrentState=INITIAL;
>

> Googling this issue suggests one try "flex-old"
>
> However that is not available anywhere

on Cygwin this means you need to install the previous version of flex
that is flex-2.6.1-1.

> Attached pls find:
>
>   cygcheck.out
>
>   vlex.l
>
> Pls help
>
> Thanks

You are not the only one with issue on 2.6.3
due to upstream issue.

I am trying to build latest git upstream source and
to release it as test to solve the issue on 2.6.3.

Regards
Marco