Moving forward from cygwinports

Chris Davies chris@roaima.co.uk
Tue Apr 4 10:39:00 GMT 2017

Hello all,

I have seen that cygwinports has been closed down and I understand the
reasons as posted. It's been a great resource and my thanks go out to
all maintainers there and here.

What options do I have going forward for packages from that repository
that I can confirm do work, but have not (yet) been migrated into the
main Cygwin repository?

As an example, my use case is Perl-DBD-Sybase from about three weeks
ago, which works beautifully but is not in the main repository. Short of
moving to a Linux-based platform I'm now not sure how to proceed. Could
someone enlighten me, please?

Much appreciated.
Chris