Can you modify how Cygwin prepends domain name to username?

Carl mutantllama@gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 13:17:00 GMT 2016

Thanks for the quick response Marco.

I have been doing that as a work around. However I have been getting
some inconsistent behavior, for example a couple of times bash has
reverted to the id of ADUNSW+root and has had to be restarted.

Are there any other knobs to tweak?

Cheers,

Carl.