[ANNOUNCEMENT] boost 1.60.0-1

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 16:26:00 GMT 2016

On 03/09/2016 17:37, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

>>> Could / should other package maintainers be using this repo?
>>>
>>> Dave.
>>
>> Why ?
>>
>> We don't have currently a central repository.
>> Every maintainer is using his/her own solution.
>
> Note the thread starting at
> https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2016-03/msg00056.html,
> especially https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2016-03/msg00061.html

I am aware.

https://github.com/cygwin
is currently just used only for 2 specific cygwin sources
plus the mirror of cygwin lib itself.
So we have not yet a central repository for the
patches and build scripts.

Of course Yaakov's cygwinports contains a large chunk
as he is the maintainer of ~ 70% of all packages.

;-)

> Bottom line:  You're welcome to use the Cygwin or Cygwinports github
> orgs, depending on the project you maintain.  But, this is a free
> project, so if you don't want to, you don't have to.
>

> Corinna

Regards
Marco