Errors using configure when building packages

Tue Oct 18 14:34:00 GMT 2016

On 2016-10-17 16:54, Sinkler, Wharton wrote:
> Yes that did it. The problem was definitely caused by virus scan -
> McAfee. Not sure why, but excluding the folder from on-access scanner
> did not get rid of the error. Only by completely disabling Access
> Protection and On-Access Scanner in the McAfee console was I able to
> complete the configure script for ImageMagick on my Cygwin
> installation.

> Thanks for the help and hope this will help others who encounter this
> problem.

What helps your system even more is deinstalling McAfee as it seems to
take a really safe but really dumb approach which slows Cygwin and Windows
drastically, unless you add a LOT of exclusions.
Then you can enable Windows Defender, and download and install Microsoft
Security Essentials if you are still on Win 7/8: Win 10 Defender includes
MSE functions so it is not required there.