Advice for debugging heap mismatches? (Win10 Insider build 14926)

Tony Kelman tony@kelman.net
Sun Oct 2 10:00:00 GMT 2016

> You've got two different cygwin1.dll somewhere on your PATH.

For more information, I have one cygwin64 installation on C:, one
cygwin32 installation on E:, and they're never both on my path at
the same time. I'm not sure where that orphan registry entry that was
showing up in cygcheck.out came from, but I removed it and it made no
difference.

This is absolutely due to a change in Windows itself. 3 updates in
a row now, 14926, 14931, and now 14936, it's 100% reproducible just
from updating Windows. Downgrading to build 14915 gets everything back
working again, but that build is now expired so the only way for me to
get back to a supported build of Windows where cygwin works properly
is by totally reinstalling Windows. I haven't done that yet, but if
we can't identify the problem and a solution soon, I will have to.