DMARC - gmail.com or is it yahoo.com

Wed Nov 30 14:23:00 GMT 2016

On Nov 29 13:25, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> On 29 November 2016 at 11:59, Erik Soderquist <ErikSoderquist@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 11:19 AM, David Macek wrote:
> >> What happens is that ezmlm (the mailing list software) broadcasts this
> >> message (after adding a bunch of links at the bottom) to everyone
> >> subscribed, but with the sender unchanged. Yahoo has got a DMARC policy
> >> set up that is supposed to ensure that only Yahoo servers can send
> >> messages marked as "from ...@yahoo.com". As you can see, Google is
> >> enforcing the policy and correctly rejecting the message as fake (it
> >> really wasn't sent by Yahoo, but by Sourceware). This is only going to
> >> happen more and more often as email providers up the battle against
> >> spam.
> >>
> >> The best solution is to change the way ezmlm re-sends the messages, I
> >> bet there's a big discussion about it somewhere on the Internet.
> >
> > Probably hundreds if not thousands of such discussions!
> >
> > Who is in charge of the list server configuration?  Sourceware itself, or
> > someone from Cygwin?
>
> Sourceware runs the lists

Indeed.  The problem is, I have no idea what this is about.  If you have
problems in terms of the sourceware mailer stuff, please feel free to
politely explain what the problem is and ask if that can be fixed on
either the overseers AT sourceware DOT org mailing list, or the Freenode
IRC channel #overseers.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat