Application not working in 64-bit cygwin cygwin/X

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Mon Nov 28 07:07:00 GMT 2016

On 11/26/2016 6:51 PM, Girish Joglekar wrote:
> I had submitted a possible bug report in March 2016 and a link to tar
> file with source code. David Stacey had reproduced my problem. I
> downloaded the latest version of cygwin two days ago. The problem
> still persists. Can some one advise me whether I should expect some
> help from the cygwin experts. I can submit the source code again if
> necessary.

If you think your crash is due to a Cygwin bug, then you need to try to
write a small test case that exhibits the problem.  Marco told you that
last February, and this was your reply
(https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2016-02/msg00368.html):

> The code is so interlinked that it would have taken me
> a lot longer to separate out only the relevant code.

You have to show some willingness to spend time on this problem yourself
if you hope to get help from the Cygwin experts.

Ken