Fullscreen application with Cygwin/X in multiwindow mode

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Fri Nov 25 02:50:00 GMT 2016

On 23/11/2016 17:24, David Chamberlain wrote:
> I recently installed xinit and the PDF viewers Evince and Zathura. I'm
> starting X via startxwin which puts it in multiwindow mode. Both of
> the PDF viewers work fine, except when I press F11 to view a PDF
> fullscreen, nothing changes.
>
> Is this an inherent limitation of Cygwin/X, or a problem with my
> config or these particular applications? Should it be possible to make
> an X application fullscreen while running in multiwindow mode?

The multiwindow-mode window manager doesn't support or advertise support
for _NET_WM_STATE_FULLSCREEN, so this doesn't work at the moment.

So, technically I guess this an application/toolkit problem, as it
should notice that lack of support and e.g. grey-out the fullscreen
option in the menu.

But ideally this would be fixed by adding support for
_NET_WM_STATE_FULLSCREEN to the WM.

--
Jon Turney
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer