[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: xorg-server-1.19.0-1 (TEST)

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Sun Nov 20 02:10:00 GMT 2016

On 11/19/2016 10:50 AM, Tim Prince wrote:

> On 11/19/2016 9:41 AM, Ken Brown wrote:
>> [Please keep the discussion on the mailing list.]

>>> That menu has the option to shut down xserver or view documentation but
>>> not to open an xterm.
>>
>> I don't think we're talking about the same icon.  The one I referred
>> to is a black C superimposed over a green X, and it has many options
>> to start programs, including XTerm (under System Tools).  It's started
>> by the xwin-xdg-icon program, which in turn is started by
>> /etc/X11/xinit/startxwinrc (unless you have a ~/.startxwinrc that
>> overrides it).  Does 'ps' show that xwin-xdg-icon is running?
>>

> I have occasionally got the xdg icon from which xterm can be started,
> but I haven't found a reproducible way to bring it up.

Sorry, but I'm confused now.  When you say "xdg icon", are you talking
about the one I described?  Your previous message said you've never seen
that icon.  Are you now saying that it does appear, but only
occasionally?  Do you shut down the X server and retry when it doesn't
appear?

Ken