[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: xorg-server-1.19.0-1 (TEST)

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Sat Nov 19 15:54:00 GMT 2016

[Please keep the discussion on the mailing list.]

On 11/19/2016 9:19 AM, Tim Prince wrote:

> On 11/19/2016 8:42 AM, Ken Brown wrote:

>>> The icon stays up in the hidden icons. but seems to have little use.
>>
>> Don't you get a menu when you click on it?
>>
> That menu has the option to shut down xserver or view documentation but
> not to open an xterm.

I don't think we're talking about the same icon.  The one I referred to
is a black C superimposed over a green X, and it has many options to
start programs, including XTerm (under System Tools).  It's started by
the xwin-xdg-icon program, which in turn is started by
/etc/X11/xinit/startxwinrc (unless you have a ~/.startxwinrc that
overrides it).  Does 'ps' show that xwin-xdg-icon is running?

Ken