32 bit lib dirs on cygwin64, advice sought

Achim Gratz Stromeko@NexGo.DE
Mon May 30 08:39:00 GMT 2016

Jason Pyeron <jpyeron <at> pdinc.us> writes:
> I feel I am making things way too complicated.
>
> I have a Makefile, which is building a static library [1] in both 32 and 64
> bit. The current issue is it creates a static lib (.a file) and installs
> both the 32 and 64 to /usr/lib/, which is not working because the 64 and 32
> bit lib overwrite each other.

No, it's not working because on Cygwin64 there are no 32bit libraries at all
and no 64bit libraries on Cygwin32, vice-versa.

> For now I am going to hard code the /usr/lib32/ in the Makefile on target
> ia32 for cygwin64.

Whatever you are trying to do there, you will likely need to use a
cross-compiler.  In any case the result is completely useless on Cygwin64,
so you might just as well not build it in the first place.

Regards,
Achim.