Suggestion to move Cygwin documentation to more version neutral path...

Hans-Bernhard Bröker HBBroeker@t-online.de
Sun May 29 06:41:00 GMT 2016

Am 28.05.2016 um 23:22 schrieb Oleksandr Gavenko:
> I search for bundled docs to set up sshd and some mount points and surprised
> that it placed on path:
>
>   /usr/share/doc/cygwin-2.5.1/html/cygwin-ug-net
>
> As far as I know current Cygwin version is 1.7.

That knowledge is rather inaccurate.

> Can we have /usr/share/doc/cygwin-2.5.1 with names like:
>
>   /usr/share/doc/cygwin-1.7

Given the above, that would be very silly.

> or:
>
>   /usr/share/doc/cygwin-current

That would make it needlessly hard for people working on Cygwin itself
to have multiple versions around for comparison.